This teaching gig has been something I never thought I'd be doing, like ever. But a higher power has placed me here. God are you there? I try to ask myself why, out of all the places in this world, did he bring me here. I had accepted, but declined a job in a newspaper in Odessa early last year. And now, six months after I said no, I was back in the area.
I am a daydreamer, sometimes living in a fairy tale world and would like to believe something incredible will be coming to me soon.
But for now, what is the secret to not letting people know I am dying inside? I keep a smile on my face. I joke, laugh and try to make the day interesting. The kids won't even notice. I am the teacher and they could probably care less about what I feel or think.
I know I am going to stumble and fall, but I am ready for what life is being me. I feel that I am finally getting to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment