My usual consists of a "medium" diet coke and "medium" size popcorn. These two have always been my go to staple snacks for the movies. The last few times I have added my favorite, a Sneakers bite size bag. But today, it was different.
Today, It spoke to me. "Adriana, you need us!" It's like they came alive. Chasing me. All I could do was run to the safety of my theater seat. (Ok, that didn't happen).
But, I kept walking pass the snack bar and up to the theater. I do have to admit, I snuck a bottle of water in my bag. But let's not tell anyone that.
As I sat in my seat and watched people walk in, I noticed their large bucket-o-popcorn, large drinks and nachos. The smell was amazing. It was mesmerizing. The smell reached my nose and all I wanted was a taste, kind of like a smoker when they smell a cigaret. I wanted to reach out and just grab some! But I stopped myself. I don't need popcorn in my life. I don't need diet cokes either, or sneakers bars for that matter. I am good without them. I am happy. This week has been a great experience. Determination and dedication has lead me to where I am now. I have crossed that week milestone without driving through a drive thru and getting fast food. Well, the only drive thru has been the Starbucks for my usual venti bold with cream and some equal.
After I left the movie theater, I found myself driving to my usual restaurant. The one I eat at when I leave the movies. But I quickly drove away and started drinking water.
I know. It may sound like I am some food addict. But you are right. This is what got me to where I am now. Food got me to this unhappy and uncomfortable place I am in now. I don't want that to ever happen again.
No comments:
Post a Comment