So I bundled up and went outside. Ready to face the cold, brutal weather.
And it snowed. And it was awesome.
You see, I am from way down south Texas. Snow never happens. A bit of frozen rain and 40 degree weather is the norm.
My snow quota has been reached in just the few months that I have been here. I had not seen this much snow, in my entire life.
So it was no surprise when during my conference period today, I walked around outside in the parking lot, with my cup of coffee and enjoyed the snow.
I stood and let the snowflakes hit my face. This type of snow was different. It was powdery, fluffy and it actually looked like a snowflake. I was taking in the feeling of happiness. I felt like a kid. I picked up the snow, held it in my hand and watch it slip away. It was an amazing feeling.
The I started to get super cold.
Standing there, I couldn't help but notice how badly I wanted to share this experience with someone. Yeah, I let myself go there and became sad. But I wiped the feelings away like the snow on my face and walked inside the building.
Today was a good day.


No comments:
Post a Comment