Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Standing in the middle of life

This morning I got news he was in a car accident. Driving 55 mph and and an 18-wheeler got in the way. This caused him to press on the breaks, but knew without a doubt the car would make impact. No airbag was deployed, car was totaled. He is fine.

When I heard the news, I got a sharp pain in my chest. I was worried. Hope he was fine. I wanted to leave work and go help.

Later in the day I went to check up on him, wanted to know if he was ok. 

He told me about his crash. The 18-wheeler was at fault. He was in pain, but ok, just glad it wasn't worse.

I was relieved. Asked him if he needed anything or if he needed a ride anywhere.

"I am fine. My girlfriend brought me to work," he said.

"Oh, ok," I said.

I started walking away. This was news to me. This moment was painful. Reality sunk in. It was then I was having my own car crash, with an 18-wheeler. But this crash went straight through my heart. Crashing into a billion pieces.

The rest of the day was very difficult. Came straight home and slept. Having not eaten anything since last night, I cooked some chicken and ate.

I am not one to express my pain and heartbreak to anyone, heck, not even on a public domain such as the internet and definitely not on a blog. But I know I don't have an audience, so my pain, my secret, is safe on this little corner of the internet.

How do you deal wirh heartbreak? Anyone? Dear void are you out there? Comment or email: acosta6348@gmail.con

No comments: