...and the sun coming up. I know it's not normal to be up, drinking coffee before the sun even comes up, but let's face it, I am always on my own and always up at the crack of dawn.
Yesterday I met with HR because I had missed the deadline for the rental housing grant by like 20 days. April was not a good month I told him. We had STAAR testing, I got sick and then there were those two trips to the ER, one of which I was wheeled out of my classroom by perametics. He told me because I had a medical excuse, he would allow my application to go through and I would get the grant. I was so happy! This rental grant only covers 40 percent of my rent, but heck, something is something!
Today seemed like a really, really, really long day. We tested two class periods and the kids were just seriously and completely done. I was so upset because I did not want to end the class period upset with them. I was patient, I smiled and even showed part of Frozen. I am amazed at how loud children can calm down when a cartoon starts to play.
Tomorrow is the last day of school. I am hoping I don't shed any tears. I already had a few students come to say goodbye. It's been sad, but I am so happy and proud they are moving on to high school.


No comments:
Post a Comment