Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Only in my dreams

Well, the school year is about to come to an end. This week has flown by, mostly because all I am doing is monitoring students take their finals. 

After everyone was done with finals this morning, some asked for music. So I played the Frozen soundtrack and I was singing along and acting it out. I know, I acted silly for the kids for a few laughs. Some of the kids said they were embarrassed for me (now I know how my parents felt when I was a kid and would tell them they were embarrassing me. Not my proudest moment I know.) and some loved it because they were smiling and singing along with me.

There are some students that I will certantly miss, and there's others that I want to wish good luck and send them off into the sunset. Even as we are taking finals, some are just rude. I had a student tell me that she was so glad she was never ever ever (her words not mine) ever going to see me ever again. And she was glad she was leaving forever. 

To be honest, that hurt my feelings. Yes, some students were very complicated, but I have shed tears, stressed out and worried about all of them for the last 10 months. My hope is that they remembered some of what I taught them and take it with them to high school.

Check out my weekly progress.


No comments: