Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Oh no she didn't

I like that I am waking up super early again, without an alarm. These last couple of days I have been up by 5 am.

I headed to the RLWT and began to record the news, about 40 min Into my session, the front desk lady opened my booth and told me their "life long" volunteer (40 years) had come in and was requesting her favorite booth. She wasn't going to record unless she had her favorite booth. And at 82, she is set in her ways. So this volunteer who has only been recording for about a month, was kicked out of the booth. I felt a little bullied, but oh well. 

Starbucks came next, then an oil change and went to HEB to grab food to make for today and tomorrow.

"What should I make?" I asked myself. 

I went straight to the chicken section and couldn't decide. Then walked to the meat section. A man, who I had not noticed was next to me, and who I also didn't notice was staring at me, he had a big smile on his face. I looked up and I smiled back. As I was walking away, he stopped me and said, "You look very good." 

He caught me by surprise. 

Here I was holding a bag of raw chicken, trying to figure what to take and thinking:

"Should I fry the chicken, grill it or bake it or if I got beef, would I get a small brisket? But that would mean I would have to wait 6 hours for it to cook and I am leaving town tomorrow...no way, I am starving. Maybe I should just get a salad, I need to start eating healthy again. And what about sides? Corn? Broccoli? Should I get dessert? I should get some ice cream, it should be Chucky Monkey. Oh darn, I should have gotten a cart, or at least a basket..."

I looked at him and thanked him. It has been a while since I have been complimented. Correction, it has been a while since a man has complimented me. Yes, I'll be honest, it felt good. As a woman, you sometimes doubt yourself, the way you look, what you wear. Will people think I am a crazy woman when they see me walking with bubblegum pink hair? Don't get me wrong, I am a very confident, independent, strong minded woman. I know I look good. I am comfortable in my own skin, but it is always nice when someone from the opposite sex notices how you look.

I got to my apartment, cooked lunch/dinner and watched my favorite movie.


Tomorrow, I begin the second leg of "Adriana's 2014 summer tour," and heading to Fort Worth to see my sister and celebrate the Fourth of July, then heading to Bay City. Can't wait!!!

No comments: