We talked. I told her I panic. I worry. I cry. It's not her, it's me. That's just the way I cope. She understood. We had a few laughs. All is ok.
Today's lesson did actually go well and I enjoyed my sub coteachers. They walked around and helped me with the students, while I taught. The lesson was theme and thesis statement. Truth be told, after 7th period, I was exhausted. I wanted nothing but to sit and nap. All the nervousness and stress got me tired.
Even during my fourth period as I was trying not to mess up my lecture while my coach was there, I got an unexpected surprise observation from another coach in the building. Right that minute, I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and say, "really!?? Wtf??" And walk out. But after a few seconds and forgetting everything I was going to say, I pulled it together a bit. Her observation review was well, but still felt a bit negative. She suggested I did something, when in reality I was just nervous. I mean, who wouldn't? You have a class full of students paying attention to your every word, you are trying to not forget anything that you have practiced the night before, you have your ELA coach siting there, writing notes, you have a sub coteacher who is standing in the back of the room watching and then you get this observer coming in. Man, seriously? So like I said, I am glad I didn't open the door and walked out from panic.
By the end of the day, I wanted nothing but to go home and eat because I hadn't had anything to eat all day, but bus duty waited for me.
Then I ate and was happy. By the time I got home, I fell asleep. I am now wide awake. Guess I will get up now.
No comments:
Post a Comment