I was updating my iPhone with new music when I got a phone call this afternoon. It was the editor of one of the newspapers I had applied to. The newspaper is in Kingsville and was so excited to get a call!
He asked me about my experience, why I wanted to pursue a writing career vs an editor position.
He said although there was a chance they could not afford me, he wanted to speak to me anyway. How exciting is that?
In the end, the pay would was not what I wanted, but he said he was very impressed with my résumé, work experience and told me there is no doubt someone will snatch me soon.
It was just the phone call that I needed today. Sent out resumes since last week and have not heard from anyone. I was told to chill, relax and just wait patiently as those interested in me will slowly trickle down.
This was just the phone call I needed today.
No comments:
Post a Comment