Just as I was leaving the drive thru, an older gentleman flagged me down. He was dirty, long beared, backpack on his back, surely a homeless man.
"We have been trying to get a cup of coffee or something to eat, it's freezing can you please help?"
I looked at him and told him I had to cash with me (I never carry cash) but asked him if he wanted my meal.
"No, that's your lunch," he replied.
I insisted and gave it to him and drove off. I was starving, but I knew I had done a good deed. I was the one inside the warm car and he was outside in the cold.
After my conference period, the big boss showed up to my 3rd period for my observation. "Son of a beech!" I though. (Keeping this post clean!)
Went inside the class, told the kids, "he is coming to my class right now, please behave!"
The lesson went well and I hope he saw that. I was nervous and the class period felt like it would never end, but I just hope all went well. I am so glad this is over and can now teach without having a nervous breakdown.
For dinner I has my favorite chicken Cobb salad from Wendy's and a small piece of the last of the brisket I cooked Saturday. Ok, I may have about two more days worth of meat. Here is a photo I have posted before, but it's the same salad.
Tomorrow it's supposed to ice and be cold. Hope we get a late start to the school day!

No comments:
Post a Comment