Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tired beyond belief

Today was one of those days that I wish would have gone faster. So tired, from the moment I woke up, to the end of the day. I think the kids, and even us teachers are just counting down the days for spring break vacation.

Me during lunch break. I listen to music and hang at my desk dreaming of well behaved students.



The kids show up to class and it's like they are outside in the playground. They don't want to sit, they don't want to listen, they don't want to learn. I felt like I was crowd control today. Spent half of each class period just telling them to sit down and be quiet and to put their phones away. It was awful. After the 20th time of telling them to be quiet and sit down, you kind of just want to walk away and step away for a few minutes.

I am also very upset and stressing over the English benchmark they just took. Some of my students didn't do so great, as a matter of fact, I am very frustrated and disappointed. You look at the scores and wonder why you even stand up in front of class and try to teach a subject they will just, in turn, not give a shit about. It showed in the scores and I am so angry. The STAAR test is coming up in a month and I have to get them to focus and take this seriously. I am just so tired. I want these kids to succeed, but how can they when they don't take responsibility for their education?

Breakfast: coffee and sausage sand which from Starbucks 
Lunch: chicken with green beans and zucchini 
Dinner: chicken Caesar salad with two bread less whopper burgers. (Basically the inside of a burger, minus the bread duh)
Water: 3 liters by the end is tonight.

No comments: