Saturday, February 08, 2014

It's the small victories that matter

Something amazing happened today. It was so amazing I didn't want to leave the moment.

This is a feeling I have not felt in such a long time. When I saw myself staring at the reflection in the mirror, it was difficult to comprehend - that was me!

I know that I have lost 16 lbs, I feel it in the clothes that I wear, I have a lot more energy and I find myself doing things that I would not normally do, like bending over to tie my shoes or not having to move my body over to the side when I have to shut my car door. I also don't have to hold on to dear life when I get up from my bed in the mornings. (I have a mattress on the floor) and overall I just feel lighter. This is a weird feeling.

I spent my morning at Starbucks today, where I worked on my certification program internship project. (Almost done!) I also went to the movies and watched "The Monuments Men" (amazing movie) and before I headed back home I made a quick stop at Lane Bryant. I am always afraid to go clothes shopping and hate the feeling of not finding anything to wear. But since I have been losing weight, trying on clothes is encouraging. 

Today I tried a bunch of clothes two sizes  smaller than what I would normally use. Two sizes!!! I feel like I should have a Breaking news tweet.

BREAKING: Acosta tries on clothes two sizes smaller, victory dance in the dressing room. Her reaction tonight at 10 pm

And it was amazing.


This photo I took meaning to take a photo of me in front of the mirror of the dressing room. I do that from time to time. But instead, I took a photo of me. These are not tears of sadness, they are tears of happiness.

I am glad that in the middle of my epic moment of joy, I was able to capture how I was really feeling at that moment.

I can't wait for more moments of joy to come my way!

Water: 3 liters
Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: chicken and veggies 
Dinner: grilled chicken Cobb salad
Movie snacks: allowed myself a small popcorn and small diet coke.
Cravings: I still crave cheesecake.

When was the last time you felt thrilled about something? Comment or email me acosta6348@gmail.com

No comments: