Sunday, February 09, 2014

Injured thumb, ouch

After a morning of being with my mentor lesson planning at school (she is the best mentor ever) I drove to HEB to get some groceries. I bought the smallest brisket they had (which always ends up being way too big for just one) for dinner and the rest of the week. Put it in the oven and let it cook. After about three hours, I opened the oven to throw in some onions and muchrooms. Well, to make a long story short, I burned my thumb. Bad. It feels like it's burning up. If feels like it ate the spiciest chile out there. It hurts like a...well, it just hurts bad. How did it happen? The pan slipped from my hand and to prevent me from burning myself (haha, see the irony? Ok, yeah whatever) I raised my hand and instead hit the top edge of the oven. Seriously not cool. Anyway, not much to report today. 

Breakfast: eggs, onions, muchrooms and cheese omelette and Starbucks!
Lunch: Some string cheese, ok...three individual Sargento string cheese sticks. (Sorry one blog reader, or Tori Amos fan, I am in pain and hungry.)
Dinner: Some brisket.
Water: 1.5 liters (not cool)

No comments: