Thursday, February 20, 2014

One more, but first, moving on

I have to grade 220 short answer questions. We had the English benchmark yesterday and each student had to answer two short answer questions. I have been staring at the scantrons and essay sheets for about an hour. I am not in the grading mood, but alas, I must finish.

Today was a good day. Yesterday I had my "sad" day and I cried to the point that I fell asleep and didn't wake up until the next day. I guess the important question I kept asking myself was, "Why not me?" Just like Sally from "When Harry met Sally," when he boyfriend broke up with her and later moved in with another woman and got married. Her question to Harry was, "Why didn't he want to marry me?" Of course, I am not there yet, but you get the analogy.

My cousins and sister cheered me up.

"You have proven to yourself and the world that you don't need a man in your life. You have shown that over and over again." 

My sister is right. I have done and accomplished so much in my life. I am a very independent woman and I don't need a man to complete me.

My cousin on the other hand, was more romantic about the entire situation. I blame it on her being engaged and about to get married in a few months.

"You have to hold on. Love does exists for everyone. I promise you, it does. You are a beautiful person and when the time is right you'll see why everything happens the way it does. Keep faith."

She is right though. I just have to be patient. When it happens, it will happen. That part of my life sucks, feels empty right now and of course, wish I has someone to share life with. But it's not meant to be now, or with him, I just have to suck it up and move on.

This will be the last entry about him or about my feelings about love. No more wasting my time. It will happen when it happens. Moving on.

No comments: