And it's expected on a Friday, a day after the benchmark test. Kids just want to have fun and the last thing on their mind is short answe questions or group work.
Sometimes I think I am being pulled from all directions. You have a student that keeps at you saying, "ms! Ms! Ms! Ms! Pay attention to me!" To the kid that won't sit down because he's "too cool," to the girls that would rather just talk about boys in the corner of the room instead of working, to those who just want to be on the phone and watch videos.
Yep, today was one of those days.
But after my bus duty after school, I met Jenny at the park. I told her I wanted to start walking and she said she wanted to join me. She's an English teacher as well, and my mentor. She's awesome.
This is us after we walked a mile:
We were silly today.
I felt so accomplished. I also lost 3 lbs this week. With the exercise I am sure I will start to see a big change in my body. Can't wait!
After walking I had some dinner.
Looks like Wendy's was very generous with the bacon.
Overall it was a good day. Tomorrow I relax and enjoy the day before going back to work Sunday. This coming week is my second formal observation by the big boss. Not sure when he will show up. It can be any day, any class period. Ugh, the stress!


No comments:
Post a Comment