Saturday, March 29, 2014

Beyond the veil

I was in my classroom, working, when I realized I was late for an ARD. I put all my stuff away and began to run toward the elivator that's in front of the school building. I have a torn meniscus so I avoid going up the stairs as much as possible. As I was heading over, one of my students from 8th period, who I have always thought to be the real life version of Bart Simpson was inside the elivator. As I was running to get inside, he laughed out loud and closed the elivator door.

I was so angry!

A few minutes later, the elivator door opens and just as I was getting inside, I noticed that there were desks piled on top of each other, preventing me from getting inside.

"He is so getting a referral," I said out load.

Just as I was pushing desks aside, two other students got inside with me. As I pushed the button, the elivator started going up, but then got stuck.

I began to worry. I asked one of the students to call for help while I tried to use my cell phone and tell the people at the meeting that I would be late and stuck in an elivator. But my phone didn't work.

"They will get here in an hour," she said as she chatted away with the other students.

I was fearful and in a panic. I was supposed to be in that meeting, but being stuck prevented me from getting there.

Being stuck felt like being there for ever, I started using the elevator doors as blackboards and started asking the students if they had any last minute questions about the STAAR.

"No," the girls said.

"Are you sure? I can teach you about denotation and connotation and contex clues and expository essays!"

They looked at me weird and continued to play.

Just as I was about to have a nervous breakdown, I woke up. I had my certification exam book open and a pen on my hand. 

I really need to relax.

Today started off like this:


Then


Then went to HEB to pick up dinner, and in the meantime got me some lunch from the deli. Spicy hot wings.


Dinner is a piece of meat with this:


Oh, and if you are wondering if I made it out of the elevator in my dream? Why yes, yes I did. Is that foreshadowing that things will be ok?






No comments: