Monday, March 17, 2014

It's a bird, it's a plane...it's a bat!

Last night I set three alarms on my iPhone. Not having a set schedule for a week, kind of messed with my sleep pattern and I wanted to make sure I woke on time! And not to mention I slept in like three different places last week - my sisters apartment, my friend Dianna's house, and the couch at my brothers house. It's kind of a bummer that I always end up getting the couch and I get to share the living room with Chole the dog. There have been many a nights when I open my eyes in the middle of the night to see her face staring at me. She's a lovable dog, just freaks me out sometimes.

My alarm this morning:


This morning I headed to work bright and early because there were some things I needed to work on. When I walk in from the parking lot to the back door and to my classroom, it is always dark. I am used to walking in the dark, well after this morning, NEVER AGAIN!

I walked over to Jarod's class to ask him to help me hook up the computer in the teachers lounge when I heard him from the other side of the hall. I am not sure exactly what he said, because what he had seen and was coming straight at me, freaked me out beyond belief. A bat, the size of a bald eagle was coming at me. Ok, it was not that big, but I saw the large wings and the up and down movement it made as it flew down the hallway. It made a left curve down the hallway and was coming directly at me. I heard Jarod warn me, "it's a bat" and just like in the movies, my eyes met the bats and it looked like it had locked eyes with me. I was its next target, it would be coming straight at me and hit me in the forehead, heck it could have landed on my head. I quickly moved to the side as it was coming toward me, I would love to think I did a "matrix" move, but I am sure I just screamed like a girly girl and ran away. 

Jarod came over and said something to me, but I was freaking out I don't remember. He could have told me I had won a million dollars and it would have not registered.

We quickly went inside our department chairs room and informed her of the creature that was outside circling the hall.

At this point, I was nervous, worried, wanted to yell or cry. I hate bats, spiders, snakes and anything that's creepy looking.

And she too was freaking out.

We ran to Jarod's room and I did not want to move from there. To keep myself busy, I asked him to let me do something in his room. After a while we walked over to the teachers lounge and my department chair had the recycle box and we used that as protection. I used Jarod as a shield and walked behind him. Heck if it comes our way, it would get him first.

The animal control was called in and it was taken care of, but it was the scariest moment for me. I felt my blood pressure skyrocket, my hands were cold and sweaty and I couldn't keep still.

We then ran to my room. It was hilarious now that I think about it, it might as well have been a zombie attack. We were being chased and we had to take cover. He then looked at me and said' "I forgot my phone!"

He made a run for it to his room to get his phone and I stood by my door, waiting for him so I could open the door.

So dramatic, but that was kind of fun now that I think about it, this made for an interesting first day back.

For lunch I had a salad:


For my 8th period as we read to the students, I walked around the room. I set my walking app to see how much I would walk, and check it out, I walked 2 miles!


After school I went to eat some wings. They were good.


Hopefully tomorrow morning there will not be another bat waiting for us!



No comments: