Monday, March 24, 2014

Running away from it all

I really wish that I had someone to talk to during these difficult and stressful days at work. Sure, I have my coworkers and I have family I can phone up, but I don't have that one person that can relate to what I am feeling. Or just someone I can come home to and talk to about what's going on at work and share.

Lately it has been so overwhelming. All this feels like an out of body experience. With the kids taking the test, to my certification exam coming up, to making sure I finish everything, it has just been too much for me. There are times when I have felt like running away and just going to some place peaceful. And I am one who can put up with a lot of stress. I did, after all run an entire newspaper practically on my own. From advertising to news coverage to designing the paper, I did everything. Heck I even delivered the Sunday paper once because I wanted to know what the delivery people had to go through when delivering.

I have students who don't care about the test and would care less about being in my class. I have those kids that attempt and spend class time disrupting class and attempting to get me upset so I can stop lecturing, to those that actually care and are freaking out about the test. Of course I have that group of kids that are asking, "so ms. When's the test again?" Or "what? The test is next week?"

Today I spent the entire day reviewing with the kids context clues, denotation and connotation, point of view, vocabulary and complex inferences.

Most of them understood, others I was left wondering. It's so disappointing when you spend an entire 50 min class trying to get this info to the kids and they just don't care.

In other news, every other week we get letters from students and delivered to our teacher mailboxes. This morning I had 8 letters! I know this is part of an assignment they must do, but these kids chose to write a letter to me. It was so sweet. Here are a few of my favorites:




Breakfast: Atkins breakfast bar and coffee.
Lunch: pork rinds, had a last minute ARD and had no time to get lunch.
Snack: Atkins snack bar
Dinner: Wing stop lemon peppered and original hot wings.
Water: 3 liters



No comments: