I felt a bit guilty when my mom called because I felt annoyed. Why was that? Was I having a good dream and it was interrupted? Was it one of those dreams where everything is perfect?
Today, I had a bad day. Truth be told, I was trying to forget today. My feelings were hurt. My ego was smacked. Children will be children and I have to remember that, but what comes out of their mouths, can be harsh sometimes.
One of my students, while I was lecturing, told me I was boring. "I am not learning anything from you, you are so boring." He said that right as I was talking. In front of my entire class. Naturally what they do is laugh. And how do you reply to that?
Naturally, the sharp pain in my heart was felt. Why would, after all this time, be so harsh to hurt me that way? Am I that bad of a teacher? Does everyone else feels that way?
As teachers you try to focus and make sure that the lectures are fun, educational and well rounded. You will have a few bad apples, but someone to say that in front of other classmates and then they laughing in return, in front of me, that hurt.
I was never bullied when I was in school. Now as an adult, I have felt bullied by children. I have to forget and move on. I have to continue the journey and teach. I know I will make a difference to someone.
Other teachers have told me students will do and say things like that just to be mean. Some may be having a bad day and their anger projects out in different ways.
"Sorry you feel that way, please stop interrupting and let me continue with the lesson," was all I could say.
This job has been such an acting job. Sometimes it sucks, but we have to focus and move on. As a teacher, sometimes feelings are hurt, but you must move on. I am just not sure why this one time bothered me so much.
Four more days for Spring Break. I can't wait.
For dinner, I had:

No comments:
Post a Comment