Tuesday, March 04, 2014

On top of my world

I can't explain the feeling I had this afternoon as I pushed myself to walk in the park. Having been on my feet literally all day today, walking from desk to desk, lecturing every class period and then having two ARD's during my conference period and a 504 meeting after school, I knew that taking a walk to relieve the stress was what I needed.


My walking partner and I had planned to meet after school, but her meeting was running late. Well, why don't I just start without her? I thought. I grabbed my iPhone, got in my workout clothes and drove to the park.


At first, I wanted to take it slow. This is my first time walking in a few days, but something kept pushing me to go forward. The rush I was getting from walking fast, my heart speeding up, it was a great feeling. All my emotions about my life, the stress, all the sucky emotional things happening just flooded my body.

The more I walked, the better I felt. The thought of walking forward meant a step in the right direction. Everything I have been doing the past two months - the eating healthy, staying away from junk food and fast food, loving myself and putting me first - all that felt right.

My journey still has a long ways to go, I am not done, heck I haven't even crossed the midpoint. But having lost already 20 lbs (my way) have felt like such an accomplishment. This is the first thing I have done for myself in a really long time. And today, it showed.


After my walk, I cooked some tilapia and ate some salad.


And half of a salad.


I am excited for what's next in my life. Life has not really been going as I had planned, or hoped it would go, but it feels like I have somehow taken responsibility, taken the lead to guide where I should be going, even if it's not where I wanted to go.

How was your day? Email or comment: acosta6348@gmail.com



No comments: