Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter adoption

Today I was adopted on Easter Sunday and it was awesome! My friend and mentor, Jenny invited me to spend Easter Sunday with her family. I didn't go visit the parental units this weekend because they were down south, my sister and my brother had plans of their own. When that happens, I end up spending the holidays on my own. A holiday that I have spent alone and I have turned into my own tradition is New Years Eve. I usually go out and buy the smallest brisket from the store, buy me a bottle of wine and celebrate. I know, sounds depressing and sad right? Being alone on New Years has been a tradition for me for the past six years. Although I wish I had people to celebrate with, I have turned it into this happy moment for me. Here is a year that has passed by, I have survived on my own, now here's to the new year. May it bring me strength, independence and good fortune.

Ok, back to Today's celebration. I met all her family and was so glad they were all so welcoming. When I go to a party or gathering, I always end up feeling like the third wheel. But not here. I had fun and laughed so much.

I am so blessed to have friends that care to invite me to their family traditions and celebrations. They had an Easter egg hunt for the kids and an egg-toss competition. Didn't win, but we were the third to last to survive, out of six teams.

On the menu:


And it was all amazing!


And this:



A photo before we lost the egg-toss competition.





No comments: