Friday, April 11, 2014

Shadows

This morning I took my time getting to work. And just as I parked in my assigned parking spot and turn off the engine, I looked up.


It has been a while since I have actually looked up and appreciate life. I have been so caught up with my busy work life and all the other nonesense that I haven't stopped to be thankful.

So I sat there and enjoyed the view.

I have gotten into the habit of listening to my NPR app in the morning. If it's not an episode of TED Radio, it's Snap Judgement or Planet Money. I find it relaxing to put on those headphones and just walk inside the school, when it's still dark and quiet and alone and nothing like the joy of being silent for that amount of time. It's that time to recharge the mind. For the next 9 hours I will be in a room with 120 students walking in and out, this time before the bell rings is mine to enjoy and take in.

Today I went to the vending machine to get a coke zero, but instead got this:


Winning!

I am not sure what the weekend has in store for me yet. I will take it a day at a time and enjoy.


No comments: