Saturday, April 12, 2014

Electric Daisy Violin

On Friday morning I received an email from this lady who supports English teachers in the district. She is the sweetest and most patient woman that I have ever met. Whenever I need support, she has visited me and modeled lessons for me. She has also observed me while I have taught the kids. She was there when my student threw the book at me last semester. Overall great lady. 

Her email: 


I replied back and told her I was doing better and thanked her for checking up on me.

She replied later, telling me she had dropped off a book in my mailbox in the mail room. After school and before bus duty, I headed over to my mailbox and saw a book.


And she wrote:


I felt comfort, knowing that someone cared about me enough to do such a great gesture like this.

Today has been a good day. I spent it at Starbucks and talking to the kid of the GM. He's 8 and his sister was a student of mine, before she was transferred to the other freshman campus. Our conversation was about the zombie apocalypse and how he was ready for it. He even gave me some pointers on how to shoot them, where to shoot them and how to kill them - should they ever have an uprise. It was a hilarious conversation.

For dinner I had meat and broccoli. It was yum.





No comments: