Saturday, April 05, 2014

Tough week ends fabulous

After a very disappointing week of skyrocket blood pressure, pain and a hospital visit, the last thing I wanted to do yesterday is take that state exam. I might as well just sign up for the next one that's coming up because I am not sure I passed it. Even though I only took two of the four meds the doctor gave me, I was still feeling so groggy, dizzy and cloudy. And even though I had slept for almost 12 hours, I still managed to doze off during the test. At the two hour mark, I decided to take a break and find a vending machine with energy drinks.

After I finished my essay portion, I went back to check on my multiple choice and I just drew a blank. I am so angry. I studied for three weeks and half the stuff they asked on the test was not even what I studied. The meds made me so tired and sleepy and groggy. Maybe this is fate telling me I am not meant to be a teacher. Maybe somebody just needs to tell me what I need to study exactly so I can pass. I don't know, I have never been good at assessments. I was always that kid that freaked out during testing and never did well.

After my disappointing test, I drove to my apartment and took an hour nap. Half asleep I packed a bag and headed to Austin. My brother and Jan are both in India and I volunteered to take care of the kids. For them, I will do anything. They are the loves of my life.

I arrived close to midnight and went straight to bed. This morning I was woken up by Caleb calling for me. "Tia! Tia!" He hugged me and all my worries and stress went away.

Me and Aly have been watching a show called "Pingu" had never seen it, but Aly loves it and who am I to argue with a two-year-old?


No comments: