Some of my students began to worry. I asked one of them to get the nurse. Another of my students got my department chair. (She's awesome by the way. She helped me and drove me home and bought me dinner!)
She called 911.
I began to worry because my students started getting super worried. Then the paramedics showed up, with a gurney and I started crying. I didn't want to worry them and I didn't want anyone to see me. But I was rolled out of my class and into the ambulance.
My blood pressure was high, I found out later it was 220. The paramedics suggested I go with them to get checked out. So I got in the gurney and they took me inside to the ambulance.
And the paramedic did this:
And gave me some medication to lower my high blood pressure. Once we got to the ER, they settled me in one of the rooms. I got some blood work done and some other tests. My blood pressure was not going down.
I asked for food because I was starving. They gave me this:
Just as I was about to take a bite from one of the carrots, my boss showed up. I was very surprised because I was thinking, "wait a minute, he's my principal, what's he doing here?" It didn't register that he was checking up on me. I have never had a boss check up on me like that. We spoke to a few minutes, or was it an hour? I lost track of time today, so I honestly have no idea how long he was there.
Then they moved me because they needed my room for another patient that was more sick than I.
The nurse saw that I was cold, so she gave me some cool purple socks. School colors! They were all nice and helpful.
Then my department chair (the cool one) and the school nurse (super cool) came to visit me and then they dropped me off at my apartment.
So here I am. Resting at my apartment again. I am so heavily medicated I am numb and have no sense of anything. All the problems and stress I was having, have all gone out the door.
Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow so I can head to work.



No comments:
Post a Comment