Friday, May 30, 2014

Getting hit by a bus

I am seriously beyond upset right now. The day began awesome. It was the last day of school, testing would be over and everything seemed ok.


I hashtaged today #LastDayOfSchool

PTA fed us lunch to celebrate the end of the semester.


Our boss congratulated us on a great year:


And I even finally committed to another being. I bought a dog (which I will get in about 8 weeks) 

Meet Coco...


After years of wanting to get a pet, and having a terrible fear of commitment to another being, I finally made the plunge and said yes to a dog.

Then I spent the rest of the day doing this...


And then, after all was done. I did this...


So after all that, my boss announced the STAAR test scores were in. She gave us a list, I checked every single of my students and I am not at all happy. I am feeling terrible, horrible, upset...I want to walk outside and get hit by a bus. I know I am a first year, but seriously what the hell?? I can't talk about scores here, but I am so angry. If I were not in a public place right now, I would be crying.

I need to go do some major emotional eating. My mentor, Jenny, told me to learn from this and next year work at what didn't work this year. Jarod sent me some encouraging words...but I still cannot get over this. I feel like such a failure. I didn't reach my students. I can't possible go to work tomorrow and face my bosses.


 



No comments: