Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sweet sweet rain

All day yesterday there were thunderstorm, flash flood and tornado warnings. There was some rain throughout the day, but nothing too scary. But as I was leaving Starbucks yesterday morning, I felt a cool air hit my face and then I saw this...


I hurried to HEB to buy my weekend groceries and it started to rain. I still was able to rent get to RedBox before the rain started hard. I rented The Life of Walter Mitty and some Julia Roberts movie, August County something. It was so depressing I turned it off half way.

I made a 7 hour brisket yesterday. I was able to get the smallest brisket they had. I think the one I got was a 5 lbs one. Yes, looks like I am having brisket all week. Wah or I will just freeze it and eat it later.

For lunch yesterday I had chicken. Yum.


I like to buy the rice and potatos for one, to make sure I don't over it. Then 7 hours later, I ate some brisket. The angle of the photo makes that chunk of beef look huge, but believe me, it wasn't.


I placed the meat on top of the vegetables and looks super big. I was saving that bottle of wine for next week, when school is officially out, but I decided to toast to actually making it this far, so I opened the bottle.

Then this morning, this emergency alert freaked me out. I had my headphones on, so yeah, not cool.


It rained all night.


Oh well, let's see what today brings. For now...



 


No comments: