In the meantime, I have been hanging out with the parental units. I remember when I was a kid, I didn't like my parents very much because I didn't think they understood me. I was the middle child, so I felt I always got the long end of the stick. I always wanted to get noticed, always wanted to be different from my brother and sister. Even now, I still feel my parents don't get me, but I am older now and no matter if they get me, or understand the journey I have chosen for my life, they still love me and will be there for me, no matter what. And for that, I will be enternaly greatful.
My sister told me not too long ago, my mom has given up on worrying about what I will be doing with my life. She told her something that made me somewhat happy, she said mom told her that once I decide on doing something, there's no stopping me. She will worry, because she's my mom, but she will be there to support my crazy journey, even through the bubblegum pink and red colored hair. Haha that's cool, I love my mom.
Today I took my parents out to eat. We ate at some Mexican restaurant. This is real Tex-Mex food, the kind you can't get anywhere else no matter how "Mexican" they can claim to be. This is the food I grew up, and I love it.
And I may have gotten a little carrier away, case in point.
There is a little of everything, rice, beans, enchiladas, carne guisada, chicken fajita and mole. Oh and for some reason, I got some mashed potatoes, not very Mexican foodish, oh well.
And we can't forget arroz con dulce, pasas y canela. Just like I remember it, so amazingly delicious. It is clear I need to walk to Midland, and not drive. I have been stuffing myself with food. It's as if I am going to arrive in Midland and starve. I miss the valley and maybe that's just my way of taking in my life here, one bite at a time.
My dad is going to grill some chicken tonight, because I want to eat that. My dad spoils me. We also got some local watermelon, it's watermelon season and how best to celebrate summer than with local fruits. My dad sliced the watermelon and it was so good! I want more.
Time to pack my bags and drive back. This has been the best visit ever and I am so glad I made it. Sometimes, the best thing to do, is to go home.



No comments:
Post a Comment