Then one cold November night in 1999, walking down Congress Avenue in downtown Austin, there it was. A bright green sign with a mermaid on it. The aroma, the delicious aroma of coffee filled my senses. It was hypnotizing, it was inviting. I walked in through those doors and my life would never be the same.
I discovered this delicious island of wonderfulness. The had thousands of coffee combinations and I tried them all. But I was a purist, sticking to the brew of the day. And when some were just popping up in the area and every time I would see one, I would rejoice.
Soon, wherever I would live, I would make the drive, wherever it would be locate I would enjoy a cup of steamy goodness. While at the airport in Chicago, or a strip mall in Houston, I was there. This forbidden drink during the week, was all mine on the weekends. I loved it, and I knew it loved me.
From warm espresso with whipped cream covering this liquid gold with caramel or syrupy chocolate, the next drink that would have control over me would become the next love affair, the iced coffee.
I can't say enough about this drink. It awakens my senses and with unlimited free refills to fill my soul, I was all game.
----ok, I should confess I am drinking a Mexican mocha at Nordstrom as I write this blog entry. I may be having a coffee affair, but this is so good!
I should end this coffee blog before I end up sounding like a crazy coffee lady. Or am I too late? ☕️






No comments:
Post a Comment