A lady asked me during break time why we can't just leave a class when we really need to go to the bathroom. "Wait, we have to hold it? I don't know if I want to teach." Really? Ok, wow. Good luck.
Another woman came over to ask if it was true teachers get paid once a month or biweekly. "Once a month, well that's not right." Oh, wow, ok.
Today was a great day of training. We talked about TEKS and lesson planning. I am glad that I had to come back and repeat this training. Last year, I was lost, confused and all I wanted to know was how the TEKs and lesson planning worked. These training days have allowed me to reflect on how my first year went and how I can improve on it. I feel like last year I was learning how to walk and this week, I am seeing everyone else try to take those steps that I walked last year. I just wish that some people would take this seriously. But all I have heard today was people worried and concerned about other things. But I ask, what about the actual classroom? Don't they care or want to even know? I was disappointed today about that because basically all I heard today. Don't they care to know what they will expect? How it's going to be when they first walk in and the children are sitting at their desks and it's the first day of school?
I am enjoying my time off so much and I am glad that I've had the summer off, but I am itching to go back Into the classroom. I am sure, I will be nervous and stressed and wished for more time off as time for school gets closer, but I look forward to the new kids and lesson plans and lecturing.
Oh well, in other news...
This morning the Starbucks lady butchered my name.


No comments:
Post a Comment