Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Family, is that you?

It's funny how now whenever I come visit my parents, I sleep in what used to be my brothers room growing up. The bedroom my sister and I shared growing up is now a bedroom/office/computer room that my parents use. And may I just say, my parents kick my ass when it comes to computer technology. They both have laptops and they know how to use those suckers up like nobody's business.

Last night, I couldn't sleep. I was so dead tired, but my mind kept racing. I am not sure why. I kept tossing and turning and just wanted to sleep. Then I remembered what my brother told my sister and I growing up that would keep us away from his room - guaranteed. He once told us there was a ghost of an Indian in his room and that we must stay away or he would show up. I am a grown woman, not afraid of the dark, but that coming to mind, while sleeping in that bedroom, just made me a little scared. But it also made me feel foolish because that's something my brother said when we were kids.

Today was hot.


At 5 pm it was 103 degrees. Just crazy.

I also discovered "video on demand" and watched the entire season of Dallas Cowgirls Making the Team in one sitting! Well, only 8 episodes, I tell you my parents are more advanced than me. I don't have internet or cable at my apartment. I also watched tons of food network cooking shows. I guess my parents let me take control of the television today since I am visiting.

I got to see some aunts and uncles I have not seen in years! We ate very traditional Mexican dishes for lunch. Here are some fresh cut nopales with cilantro, some onion and chicken broth.


And some delicious fideo with beef. Oh my gosh, so delicious.


Anyway, tomorrow I get to see my BFF, Joanna. We are meeting for dinner. Can't wait!





No comments: