Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Clarity

I was sitting at Starbucks yesterday, sipping hot coffee and flipping through "To Kill a Moching bird" when it hit me, I have about a week left before I start working again. Then I asked myself, "Do I want to spend the rest of my time sitting here?" Not that anything is wrong with that, I love it there and can probably stay there for ever, but no, I don't want that.

So I called my mom and told her I was on my way. I would leave early today and be there until next week. Then I sent my boss an email, just letting him know I would miss my training Wednesday because I was going to visit my parents. He thanked me for the update, I had the green light.



I told my mom I wanted dad to cook my favorite grilled chicken and grill some corn. And then called my BFF Joanna and told her I was on my way and we made dinner plans for Thursday. It felt a little crazy to just get up and leave, but let's be serious, I have always been spontaneous, and doing something like this doesn't surprise anyone.

Left my apartment this morning at 5:30 am. I wasn't nervous, but excited. I was off to one last road trip before school and I knew that visiting home was the last pit stop of "Adriana's summer 2014 road trips."

I arrived about 2:30 pm, 30 minutes ahead of what Siri told me.

Had dinner, hung with my parents and about 7 pm, knocked out. I am still beyond tired, and will go back to sleep after this entry. This is what my parents cooked for dinner. Tomorrow is chicken. Nothing like home cooked meals. Love that I am here. 


It's always great to know that you can always come home and just relax. I plan to sleep, watch tv and laugh as much as I can with my parents. I better go back to bed before I fall asleep again.

No comments: