Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The end is near!

Ok, ok, I am overreacting, but life as I know it is going to change in about a week. That's right, it's almost back to school! 

Good bye summer.
Good bye to sleeping late.
Good bye 5 hour hanging out at Starbucks.
Good bye last minute road trips.
Good bye fun volunteering days.

Hello school.

This morning, my car turned 1,000 miles old. It feels like just yesterday I was driving her off the car lot, at 27 miles. How time flies.

(Queue Barbara Streisand, "memories") 


I arrived at Starbucks for my morning coffee and to enjoy a few quiet moments, when a message poped up on my Starbucks app.


Awwwww, Starbucks loves me, she really does! I am still not sure what I will be doing to celebrate my birthday. For the last few years, like New Years, I celebrate alone. I don't know, I guess I am used to it. That's ok, I don't mind. Last year I treated myself to some barbecue. Maybe this year I will go Italian.

Then at school, we did this.


Today was kind of weird for me. I literally had a lot of people compliment me on my hair. It was just weird. Was my hair not nice looking before? I am told they love the lighter color and that it's short. One teacher went as far as touching my hair, it was weird but awesome.

Then we were in our classes for the rest of the afternoon. I walked to the book room and saw our literature books, just waiting for us. They are screaming out our names. "We are ready for you!" I hope I am the first one next week to pick books!!


I had a mini freak out moment with my faux mentor today. I started worrying about our daily grammer bell ringers. In my head, I can picture grammer, but I couldn't see anything past that word. It's like I froze. So what do I do? How do I start this? I asked her. She basically told me to snap out of it and focus. She's awesome.

And hooray for this!


Then I hurried to my apartment because the water man was waiting for me to deliver water and replace my water dispenser. I got a newer model!


This is like the best thing ever. I am going to nap, or relax or just watch tv for now.
Tomorrow will be a long day. But no worries, Friday after work I am driving to Austin to meet family! We are celebrating my birthday together. It is going to be awesome, we only get to hang like this once or twice a year. Sometimes my sister can't make it because of work, or my parents can't come. But this weekend we all be together.






No comments: