Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Dear diary

I have been busy, stressed and tired. But no, I have not forgotten about you dear blog. I was super upset yesterday about something that happened after school. So instead of using you as a tool to express my stress and frustration, I walked away from you. 

But yes, I am still here.

Today went actually pretty well in my class. I really should be knocking on wood when I say this, but this year I haven't had a big problem with behavior. Yes, I have the occasional loud group of kids, but I quickly set them straight. I enjoy that the kids are having fun. Sure, some roll their eyes, want to sleep or have an attitude, but I quickly remind them to buck up, pay attention you may just have fun.

We have been readying today and even though we are popcorn reading, I have read to the kids. By 4th period, I began to read to them with a different character voice. One kid said I sounded like a broadcast reporter because I was so serious, but then would change my tone. Some laughed, but said they liked it.

I say after 6 periods of reading and doing the same thing, you kind of do want to spicy it up and not only make it fun for the kids, but for you as well. Why? Well because you will get bored and you won't have fun. At least not me.

Anyway, I have to study, study, study. I am itching to take the test. But first I don't want to freak out, I want to pass. I feel like that last kid that is in PE class and the last one down the finish line running. The coach is patiently waiting for me to finish, cross that line...but in his heart, he knows I shouldn't be running. I need to prove peope wrong. I can do this, for those who don't believe I can do it and well, for me. I want to prove to myself that I am capable of passing this test.

I told my faux mentor that I want to have a Starbucks party when I pass the test. She probably thinks I am crazy, but I don't care. I want to have a Starbucks party. Haha

My fitbit weekly progress. Not cool.


Today



No comments: