Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fuego fuego

I was walking down the hall at school, toward my classroom this morning, when  I remembered something Tom Hanks said many years ago when he was being interviewed. He said, as children you are in the back seat of the car, letting parents drive you, they are in control. But there comes a time when you soon realize it is now you who is driving. You are all grown up and now in charge, driving on your own, toward your destiny. You have the kids, the married, the life.

And that is me now. I go to class, teach and help the next generation. They will soon, take over and be the adults. 
But it's weird to think that way, because I have always felt as a kid at heart. I have always seen others "grow up" meaning getting married, having children and moving on. I have always felt as having all the time in the world. But that's not so true anymore. I can't just pick up and have that baby, I can't decide to pick up and go to Europe in a moments notice, people always tell me how lucky I am to be single and independent. But I beg to differ, I wouldn't mind having that life.

I have seen a lot of baby announcements lately, lots of weddings on Facebook from friends I grew up with. Heck, just the other day I saw a friend post a photo of their grandchild. Seriously? Scary.

Oh well, moving on...

This is from this morning.


Then I spent some time at Saturday school.


And then I had dinner.


And now grading.







No comments: