Aside from all that, I had a student who said something mean to me that hurt my feelings I wanted to cry. But we have to be the adult, put up shields. Act like we are bulletproof and nothing hurts us. Like last year when that kid called me a "big ass fucking bitch" and walked out of class. I am so glad it has not gotten that bad this year, but today a kid who was acting up in class, being very disrespectful in class and disrupting told me to go excercise because I obviously needed it. I hate that ever since I was a child, people have always put me down because of my weight. And it's terrible to know that it's still happening, but not by adults, but children. I know they say things because they themselves are not having a good day, they have no one or that's just their life. I try to shake it off and just write them up. But then saying things like that, the fact that I am fat - is still an issue. I always thought that after a certain age, my weight would be overlooked and not be an issue.
What he said bothered me the rest of the day.
After work I went to B&N and enjoyed this.

No comments:
Post a Comment