Friday, November 14, 2014

Good life

Today started like any other. I was focused on finishing act one, scene five from Romeo and Juliet. My first period enjoyed the scene and couldn't believe that they had just met and had fallen in love. That's how it went pretty much all day. It was all shock and disbelief.

Then I was assigned to sub during my conference period. I ended up subbing in art class. It was a fun class. Jarod came to hang out and keep me company for a bit.

During third period, as I was explaining to the kids about the hate between the Capulets and Montegues, my phone buzzed. I looked and was very surprised to see this:


My world shook. I panicked. I lost my thoughts and had to take a few minutes to compose myself. I am not ready for this. Not now, it's Friday. Do I want to look now and start crying now, in front of the kids and in front of my sub coteacher?

So I continued to teach and ignored the email. I set my phone aside, for fear I may go and click away.

During my 4th period I could wait no more. This was it. Now or never. I studied my ass off for this moment. I want to continue teaching and if this is the way, then I should accept this.

Then I sent my sister a text. She texted back, "not looking won't change the outcome. I say just look."

So while the kids answered a few questions from the book, I looked.


I did a double take. I passed? I passed!! 

Then I texted my sister.


I wanted to cry. I wanted to jump for joy. I wanted to shout it to the world. I had passed my test, and on the first try!

I kept the news to myself, well, I told Jarod the news and we both cheered.

Then I waited until after school to tell everyone, but by the time bus duty had ended everyone in the English department was gone for the day. I did go looking for my boss, the big enchilada, to tell him the awesome news. I got two awesome hugs from him. Two hugs!! And he told me how excited and happy he was for me. I am so blessed to have an amazing boss like that. There are those bosses you work for and you just know they are not good leaders, they don't care and are just there for themselves. Not him. He cares. He actually wants to see you succeed in life. He's someone I would love to have a cup of coffee and just have an awesome conversation with.

I sent my scores to my DC and all I got was a "wow" from her. I am not sure If that was a "wow, it's about time you passed a test, wow" or if she was just in shock about the entire thing. Not sure yet. I hope it was a "wow, amazing news!!" ;)

Here, my scores again.


And to top it off, my secret bulldog gave me this!! It's 25 days of Starbucks!!


And then after two weeks of having a rental, the car repair shop called to tell me my car was ready!!

I am very happy Jarod was there, because he drove with me to pick up my love and followed me to drop off the rental.


My baby looks new!!

Then he left, but he took my key!! Since he drove my car, I didn't realized he had taken my key. The car was still on and I had a spare key at my apartment, so I prayed that my car didn't power off on my way home.

He later called me and I went to pick up my key from his apartment.

Now, I enjoy and celebrate my amazing day with a cup of peppermint mocha.


Not pictured is a delicious slice of chocolate cheesecake.

Oh and I also got this email. I am a gold member for another year. Can this day get any better?? Such an amazing feeling to have some good news for a change. I have been thanking God all day long. So happy to have friends that care, good coffee and awesome bosses. Here's to an amazing new chapter in my life!









No comments: