The phone rings. It's my mom. She wanted to ask me about the weather before I fell asleep, but she was too late.
Today has been a very draining day. We started with Romeo and Juliet today. The kids confused. The kids in shock and asking questions like, "Why can't we just watch the movie like the AP kids?" "Why can't we just skip the play all together?"
Of course, AP is not watching the entire movie, I tell them. They are watching short clips. Then they go on and ask, "well, why can't we?" Kids would rather argue and try to persuade me, instead of starting the play.
Having to explain to the kids what is going on in each scene is exhausting. I have my No Fear Shakespear, but still, it's exhausting trying to explain the same thing, every period.
This morning, in first period I got an observation. Just as I was trying to explain "maidenheads" and "thumb biting" and "ms what does it mean when they say thrust his maids to the wall?"
I was like, "you've got to be kidding me?!" I may have received an OK observation, but that's not how I wanted to start my day since my day started off terrible and not to mention it was freezing in the morning.
Just as I was heading out for work, the lock to the inside of my apartment got jammed. At first I was like, no big deal, I can get out. Thirty minutes later, I was annoyed, angry and then sad.
There was no way in hell I was going to stay locked inside my apartment until the apartment office opened.
I panicked because I was going to be late for work. I was having a long work day and this was not happening.
After about 30 minutes, jabbing in a knife to unscrew the door knob, I decided to text my department chair. This text would sound like a joke. I thought twice before sending it.
Needless to say, a few minutes after this exchange, the lock unlocked. I was free. I was feeling trapped no longer.
Later Jarod and I went to starbucks for some coffee and a smoke. The entire day went the same every single class period.
By 8th period I was tired and sleepy and cold and all I wanted to do was sleep.
I hope tomorrow is a better day.


No comments:
Post a Comment