The clock read 4 a.m.
It was cold.
The television still on, playing some informercial about fruit juicers.
I got up.
The throbbing pain was coming from the left side of my brain. The pain quickly attacked my forehead like a twister hitting a town without an invitation.
I couldn't keep my eyes open.
"This pain," I though. "Needs to go away."
Took some migraine meds and I went back to bed. "I still have a few hours before I have to get up," I though to myself.
But I couldn't sleep. My body aches for sleep, but my head is screaming otherwise.
Sleeping sitting up worked.
"Please God, let me sleep, let this pain go away."
I drifted into sleep.
By the time it was time to wake up, the sharp pain attacked with a vengeance.
I forced myself to get up, shower and get ready. Today I am off to training and I can't miss it.
But this pain.
These migraines don't come as much anymore. They have stayed for days at a time, but lately, they had left me. Or so I thought.
As I drove off to the training location, hunger called me out. While trying to rush out of the apartment and the pain still throbbing, eating was the last thing I wanted to do. But my stomach craved food. I was starving.
Once at the training, the bright lights. It was too much. I wanted to leave.
The pain lasted through lunch and thanks to my coteacher, who gave me some stronger meds than what I had, the pain began to disappear.
I skipped lunch and stayed inside the building while everyone went to eat.
And I studied.



No comments:
Post a Comment