Monday, December 29, 2014

Week off part 2

Saying goodbye to family after a week of visiting, laughing, eating good food and just having a great time is always the sucky part.

My sister and I said out goodbyes to mom and dad on Saturday and it just felt terribly sad. I know I am going to see them in three months - for yet another awesome celebration, Caleb's birthday party, but it sure sucks to wave goodbye from the car and see tears in your mommas eyes.

I cry because I want my mommy and I miss her, but at the same time I am so proud that she allowed us to be dreamers, chase our dreams and achieve our goals. We left home, got educated and got awesome jobs.

The checkpoint is always, for me at least, the point of no return. That's when you know you have left the valley completely and moving north. Leaving the area you grew up behind and head to adulthood. Once you say, "yes, sr. American citizens," you cross to the other side of responsibility and adulthood. 


We arrived in Austin for one night. We spent time with my brother and Jan and the kids. Oh how I love those kids. I wish I could see them everyday. They make me so happy.

We left yesterday for Fort Worth. My sister is leaving for a week and I will vacation the rest of the week here. It is so weird that I have been coming to this city for more than ten years and have never really explored it. If there's no major arctic freeze, that's my plan. Oh and lesson plan to of course. I am trying not to think of work, but the new stressful and tough semester is coming up. 



No comments: