Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Here in my head

Prudence and I have been relaxing in bed this morning. I dropped off my sister at the DFW airport this morning. Not going to lie, I was a little sad. We've been hanging out, talking, laughing, telling stories, taking care of each other and yes, even getting a little angry at each other for the past eleven days.

But she will be back later in the week. For now, I am staying at her downtown apartment, which by the way I love. The apartment is conveniently near stores and restaurants. All I have to do is take an elevator to the first floor. The apartment also has a cool parking garage.

I told myself I would be off exploring the city, but now I am not so sure. I am enjoying the comforts of this bed, coffee on hand and Prudence the dog by my side.

And work? Yeah, I am trying not to think about that. Like I have said in previous posts, this semester is going to be a tough one. The focus is the EOC and we have to plan, teach and make sure these kids grasp the concepts. Last year my numbers were not so great and I felt like I was to blame for it. I took it pretty hard. I didn't have anyone to tell me to learn from the experience. No one to tell me, this was my first year, the numbers are bad, but make sure I knew what's in store next year. Prepare, focus and go for it. Last year I was so lost, confused - I had no idea what in the world I was doing. This year I still get intimidated, I just hope I can teach this to were the kids understand what is going on. I want them to pass.

Enough about work. Let's see what today has in store for me.

No comments: