Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Best is yet to come

Today marks the last day of 2014 and I am spending it just like I have for the last six years. Not by choice, well, you could say it's by choice. I am single after all and family and friends are off celebrating this day with their loved ones.

I am looking out the window of the Starbucks and I see life passing by. People covered in layers of clothes because it's cold and I think, isn't that ironic that I too do that, but with life. If I wanted I could be with people. I could spend today with friends, but instead I am shielding myself from reality. The cold bitter truth that is, I am alone and another year is about to embark upon us and I am here, still alone.

But like I have said many times before, don't cry for me. I am happy. I am living life the best I can and enjoying every minute of it. I thank God every step of the way, without him, I would not be the person I am. He has a plan for me, I just have to be patient.

It's tradition, I suppose that I chose to spend this day alone. Every New Years I celebrate doing the exact same thing. I make me a nice dinner, I buy a bottle of wine and eat a delicious dessert. Today I bought some champagne. Hopefully next year I will have someone to celebrate and keep the tradition, but with lots of laughter and great music.

Today was fun. I went to have lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant. I have been coming to eat here for more than 10 years. My sister introduced me to this amazing place when she moved here and we have been coming here ever since.


Then I headed out to see an exhibit at the museum. I felt so cultured.


The exhibit.


I was in awe of the paintings as these were originals from the actual painters. I saw three original paintings from Vincent Van Gogh. I wanted to touch them, feel the painting. I wanted to touch the more than 100 year old painting, but every few feet there were people standing next to them. Those painting security people who would more than likely cut off your arm if it looked like you were going to touch anything remotely closed to the painting.

So pretty outside. It was cold, but overall a nice day for a trip to the museum!


And of course, my usual. I couldn't not come here on the last day of the year.


Had my last peppermint mocha of the year. Sigh, until next year!

Here is what's waiting for me in a few hours.



And here's my New Years date. 

I feel the need to post something about what I learned from this year, how greatful I am and what is coming up for me next year, but I will do that later. Right now, all I want to do is relax and take in the fact that we are about to celebrate the birth of a new year. What will next year bring? Who knows, but I hope wonderful and amazing things.






No comments: