Friday, January 16, 2015

Unconditionally

I was so tired and drained from work that I fell asleep so early last night. But it looks like I slept ok.


I just have been so tired. Every time we have a meeting the state test is flashed in a power point presentation. Every time I walk in its there, staring at us. No, we are not going to forget. We know. I try not to look at the board when I walk in because like the kids, I am nervous and stressed and even I don't want to remind myself of the test. We eat, sleep, think and talk this test. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I am not working toward the test, I am. I know what needs to be done, but sometimes no reminder would be nice.

Today I had an observation by the boss. The big enchilada. I was so nervous, but what bummed me the most was that he missed half of my lecture about figurative language. I had them. The kids were laughing, participating and they understood me. Instead, what the boss got was a nervous wreck "what the hell was I talking about?" I froze a little but. I got a good observation review from him and I am glad. Still, I know I will get better.

Enough about work....My sister and I have always been like peas and carrots. I have been there for the good and God knows I have been there for the bad. She stood by my side when I got married, and I stood by her side when she got married. I stood by her side when her marriage broke and she was there for mine as well.

Although we have always lived apart and in different cities, we have always made it a point to visit each other, no matter how far or busy we are. She's the first person I text in the morning and she's the last. We chat about anything.

I love my sister. My memories of growing up consist of us laughing until our stomachs ached so much, we couldn't catch our breaths. 

Many nights we spent laughing, talking and giggling until our mother from the room across the house would yell at us to be quiet and go to bed. When that didn't work, she would tell us to be quiet or we would run our is laughter when we got older and not be able to laugh, ever.

To that of course, we would laugh even harder. I don't think I ever felt scared because I knew I would have her by my side.

Even now as we are older, I think the bond and friendship we have has grown stronger. I for one, appreciate her more. Whenever she has needed any type of help, I have been there. She for me.

She and I have always had a special friendship. She's my sister, I love her. When she needs me I am there. I don't ever remember being angry or upset at her when we were growing up.

Sure we can have our bad days when we end up arguing, but for the most part we forget about it after a few minutes and pick up the conversation right were we started.

Tomorrow I leave for Fort Worth. When I found out I had time off, I told her I was heading over. But she's also been a little sick and I need to go take care of her. I am super excited.

Worked kind of sucked yesterday. After one of my morning meetings, someone tried to do an observation and I think with all the stress and everything that's going on in school told her to please go away.  I really felt strongly about this. I wasn't ready. I had been out of school for 1.5 days and still trying to catch up. So much is expected of us. We have to make sure to be our best. But I also deserve the right to say, "please, I am not ready." I won't do that to my bosses of course. Those are required so I have to suck it up and just do it. 

I should pack. Tomorrow will be a nice drive and then I get to see my sister!

No comments: