Sunday, January 11, 2015

Well that was odd

Last night I woke up after having a rather unsettling dream. It was dark, cloudy, there was lots of confusion going on. I think it may have been a riot. I remember it was cold and I didn't have a jacket. I was standing in the middle of the road with a lot of other people that were just as confused as I was. I remember looking back and seeing a house shake and explode. We all yelled. Remains of the house had landed a few blocks away, causing a big fire.

I looked for my phone and quickly called for help. We heard bullets, we felt bullets and people pushing each other.

We all jumped in on a bus and escaped from the craziness that was all around us. The bus suddenly stopped, everyone ran, except for me. I was caught in the middle of the gunfire. I couldn't escape. I remember finally running away from the bus and as I ran away from where I was, I was suddenly at the school gym. A pep rally has just ended and the bell had just run to go home. I walked like nothing was going on and started walking outside to my bus duty station. A few of my students said hello.

I woke up with fear. Why did I dream this?

And today as I was leaving work and saw this:


And this 


I was startled. Another teacher was in the building and I quickly went to tell her. We came back and noticed what looked like bullets. We counted five.

I don't know when this happened, but I do remember not seeing that when I walked by. I also remember as I was busy lesson planning hearing some loud bang and something hitting the floor. I ignored it because whenever I am in the building alone, I always hear noises. I hear bangs or knocks and well, I try to ignore any noise that's going to scare the crap out of me.

My dream came to mind. I got a little scared and all I wanted to do was go away. My blood pressure started to go up. 

Tomorrow we go back to work. It's going to be a long ass and hard and difficult and stressful day. Well, stressful semester. Advisory is starting tomorrow, an extra class to teach. Thirty new students every week for two months. Will they understand? Will the grasp the concepts? Will they want to learn?

I better head to bed.

No comments: