Saturday, December 05, 2015

Moving slowly

This morning I woke up late. Well, late for me. I really woke up at 5 am, but just stayed in bed. I forced myself to go back to sleep because it was the weekend and I was not about to start my day early. At about 8:30, I got up. Then decided that I was going to make me breakfast. Not having anything to do today, my agenda was clear. But I got this indescribable feeling. The feeling I used to get when I lived in Bay City. Alone in a city, not knowing anyone and being so far away from family - the weekends were tough the first year I was there. Anxiety would set it and I wanted nothing but to escape. So I would drive to Rosenberg for a day of relaxing at Starbucks and a movie.

And this is how I felt this morning. Strange, I thought to myself. Victoria is where I wanted to live when I was in Bay City. That was the goal.

The feeling of anxiety wasn't going away, so I got dressed and headed out the door. Where was I going, I asked myself. I decided to head to the place I enjoyed the most and calmed me - Rosenberg and Sugar Land.

Maybe it's work that's stressing me out. Maybe it's life itself, who knows, but going somewhere with people felt nice.

I went to Half Price Books and bought way too many books. I also drove to Barnes and Nobel and got more books. Does this mean I will ever finish readying one whole book some day? I am currently reading about four books.

Here is a photo of me with the huge Christmas tree at the mall. I asked a stranger to take one of me because the selfie thing I was going for wasn't working. She was nice and I appreciated her for that.


I also headed to my favorite coffee place. I got an iced coffee. I wanted a peppermint mocha so so so so so bad but I am trying to eat healthy and I resisted. Will power!!


Things are work have been going well. Never thought teaching 6th grade would keep me so busy and tired. This is nothing compared to teaching 9th grade. Teaching 9th grade was a vacation compared to what I am going through now.

After my coffee I had dinner.


The drove back. I feel much better. I left with a full stomach, more books to add to my collection and a sense of relaxation. 







No comments: