Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Here. In my head

I am sitting here in my bed, trying to figure out what to do. Do I review lesson plans for tomorrow? Do I study for my certification test or do I just watch tv? I have been sitting here, on my bed, in silence. I feel like if I let go and relax, I am going to lose control of what needs to be done. I am feeling overwhelmed with work, studying and well, my life.

When I am stressed, I got a little crazy. I wish there was a way to relive all this stress I am feeling right now.

I have sat in the center of my living room, hummed, stretched by arms out and tried to get in touch with my "inner self." Did it work? Nope.

I have downloaded a relaxation iphone app. Maybe the sounds of waves or the birds shirping can relax me. Nope.

But who am I kidding, I can't relax. I want to decompress, I want to relax. I want to let go.

When I am stressed, I tend to crave weird food. One of my big cravings today has been smashed potatoes from KFC. Weirdest craving but that's what I wanted all day today. I love the creamy taste of gravy and saltiness. All bad for me of course, but my stressed self craves it.

I also crave cheesecake. The creamy, smooth chocolate caramel cheesecake that melts in your mouth.

I have been craving cheesecake all week long actually.

Damn you cravings and stress!

Breakfast: mushrooms, tomatoe and egg omelette.
Lunch: Leftover dinner. (See previous blog for photo)
Coffee: Of course!
Water: 3 liters 
Cravings: Read entire blog entry below.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cravings suck - especially during stressful situations - but stay strong! You're such an amazing inspiration!!!

Adri said...

Why thank you! :)