Saturday, February 15, 2014

To Marfa and back

This morning I drove to Marfa. Woke up bright and early and just drove away from Midland. I had had a tough work week and it ended very crappy, so I decided that a long drive was the cure.

I enjoy long drives, it clears my mind, my soul, my prospective on life.

Marfa was a place that was on my bucket list so I drove.

Before exploring the city. I drove to Prada Marfa. That was on the top of my list. If nothing was accomplished today, but I got to see Prada Marfa, than life was good today.

The location is about 36 miles from Marfa, but it's worth the drive. Alone, in that place felt very magistic. There was a moment after taking photos that I stood still, overlooking the open fields and the mountains and there was no sound. It was very calming. For a few seconds, I had peace, and it felt great.

Here I am, excited to have made it.


And this cool sign.


Then this...


And the other exciting moment of the entire road trip.


Andy Warhol paintings. Originals, hanging from a wall and I was inches away from them. It. Was. Awesome.




No comments: