Friday, March 14, 2014

Good food, friends and memories

Last night I had this nightmare about school, the STAAR test and the TEA coming to hunt me down and burn me at the stake. It was awful. And all because in my nightmare, none of my kids passed the state test. In my dream, after they tried to chase me down, I was trying to protect the kids from a violent storm inside the halls of the school and I kept asking them to hide under my desk. In real life we have practiced drills like these in case there's ever a lockdown and someone is out in the halls wanting to do harm. Thankfully, we've only had many drills but nothing real.

I am trying so hard to enjoy the last days of my time off, but what I will be teaching the students before March 31 is slowly creeping in on my mind. I am nervous, worried and concern that I won't teach what they need correctly or that they won't care enough to listen, pay attention and learn for the big day.

Next week I also have my last official observation from my certification program. Also next week, my principal wil meet with me and tell me my results of his last observation he had with me.

For some happy news, my nephew turned 6 years old today. Such a happy day. So cool he was born on Pi Day and Albert Einsteins birthday too!


My sister and I got him some Legos train thing he wanted (not sure what it does, all we know it's hard to find and it cost us $100) but his expression was priceless.



He jumped up and down and did a little dance. I love him so much. 

Then I went into town to meet with an old friend from my days at working at Dell. He started a month after me, we were the original "Latin America" tech support team. We had some great times. We are now all grown up, he's married, has a little girl and an amazing job. Always happy to see him and catch up, even if it's a few times a year.

Here we are:


From wearing jeans shorts and sandals to wearing suites and ties to his job. My attire has changed a lot too since our days at Dell. Good memories.

Oh and I ate this:


Super delicious.

Well, I should rest up. Tomorrow is Caleb's birthday party and it will be so much fun. Tomorrow is my official last day of vacation, Sunday I drive to Midland, straight to school for lesson planning.







No comments: