This morning to drove over to the RLWT and recorded both local newspapers. I was scheduled to start recording my assigned book, but the lady left the office for a doctors appointment, so I couldn't. Maybe next week. She also told me the station manager said he liked my voice, it was clear and very professional. He did ask that I slow down a bit when reading. I am trying to imitate my favorite NPR reporters and favorite shows and I am probably getting carried away. I love this job.
The book I will be reading is called, "Our House on Hueco," by Carlos Nicolas Hores. The lady said this is a book that will played on the radio station and will be on the website. My goal is to read a book that the Library of Congress assigns for us to read. That would be amazing.
After my morning job, I drove back to my apartment to study for a few hours and then went to watch a movie. I watched Edge of Tomorrow in 3D. I am a bit upset because I paid $15 for this and I didn't see anything 3D about it.
These are the funky 3D glasses they gave me. I highly recommend the movie, but make sure you don't drink all your drink or even think about drinking anything.
This movie is 2 hours long and I really had to go pee, but I didn't want to miss the ending! I lt also didn't help that I had a venti cup of coffee and a venti cup of water in the morning.
I am really afraid of this weekend. I am not sure what to do or how to handle this time off. I know I sound like a broken record and my friend told me to get over it, as a reporter, he wished he had time off, but this is new territory for me. Maybe next year I will have my time off planned out. Or maybe I will travel, who knows. Until then, it's back to studying.


No comments:
Post a Comment