Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Volunteer work ahead

So I knew that the summer would be a time to relax, study, go visit family...but what about the other times? Those times when you have nothing to do and super bored? I decided to volunteer. Yesterday I had my audition for the Recording Library of West Texas.

This nonprofit provides audio recordings of books, newspapers, magazines for those who cannot access the printed world. I had heard of them and thought it would be a great opportunity for me!

Yesterday I had my audition and it was to read a Dear Abby column. I was asked to record the local newspapers to start off. It was exciting, I was inside a little recording booth and I had my script and was able to record and everything.


The lady asked me if I had any radio experience and I told her yes. I recorded some commercials and was live on the radio every Thursday a few years ago. Good times.

Before I drove to the Recording Library of West Texas, I had a doctors appointment. This was just a follow up visit from the last time.


I didn't like this doctor, he was very cold and didn't have that "I know you are my 100th patient but I am going to pretend I like you and be nice" look. He was weird and I have to go back again in a few weeks.

No comments: